Usually Ships in 1-5 Days
"Aaron Starmer skillfully welds sharp humor, deep loss, and roaring escapades. Truly the smartest and funniest book about spontaneous combustion you will ever read." --John Green, #1 bestselling author of The Fault In Our Stars A TIME magazine Top 10 YA & Children's Book of 2016
An ALA Best Fiction for Young Adults selection With all the perfectly lovely young adult novels out there, you decided to check this one out? It's got spontaneously combusting teenagers in it, dude. Not the slow burning type either. We're talking the randomly exploding variety. Seniors in high school just walking along, heading to class, whistling Beyonce, when--WA-BAM -- they're suddenly dripping off the lockers. Is that really something you're into? Confession: I'm actually kinda into that too. So, now that we've established we're both thoroughly weird and, I assume, thoroughly open-minded, we can give it shot, right? Let's at least read the opening chapters of this bad-boy and see if it features some of the more intriguing elements such as... - Exploding teenagers (obviously).
- Hallucinogenic mushrooms.
- Pyromaniacal boyfriends.
- Triplet toddlers in powder blue suits.
- Amur leopards and doomsday preppers.
- A foul-mouthed female POTUS.
- Ashtanga yoga.
- -Youtube sensations.
- Self-driving Priuses.
- Rogue FBI agents.
- Mad scientists.
- Spring break.
- And ... Jennifer Lawrence. Notice how I put Jennifer Lawrence last. She's in the book, so it's not cheating. And hey, if it takes America's most beloved movie star to sell this thing, then that's what it takes. So, in closing: Jennifer Lawrence. "Wildly inventive." -- Entertainment Weekly "Must List" "This comically surreal novel that will blow your mind."-- People Magazine ★ "A blood-soaked, laugh-filled, tear-drenched, endlessly compelling read." -- Kirkus, starred review ★ "A wholly original YA tale of identity, friendship, love, lust, and gory, grisly death." -- SLJ, starred review "Bursting with heartache and gore, Mara's narration appeals directly to readers'
senses of horror and humor." -- Horn Book
About the Author
Aaron Starmer is the author of numerous novels for young readers, including The Only Ones and The Riverman. He lives in Vermont with his wife and daughter. You can find Aaron online at @AaronStarmer.