Explore the exciting world of bats with PBS KIDS friends Dot, Dee, and Del Introduce your baby or toddler to nocturnal animals by starting with a fascinating book on bats. Lift the flaps throughout to reveal fun facts about what they eat, where they live, and so much more. What are some of the different types of bats? And how long is a flying fox bat's wings? What are bat homes called? Bats typically have a bad reputation, but did you know they help the environment? Read aloud with your little ones to find out how they help flowers grow and discover more interesting facts in this beautifully photographed book. Add to your family's library of chunky board books, or give as a gift for birthdays or even Halloween
PBS KIDS, the number one educational media brand for kids, offers children ages 2-8 the opportunity to explore new ideas and new worlds through television, digital media and community-based programs. PBS KIDS and local stations across the country support the entire ecosystem in which children learn, including their teachers, parents and community.
PBS KIDS and the PBS KIDS logo are registered trademarks of Public Broadcasting Service. Used with permission. 2020 PBS. All rights reserved.
- Parents rank PBS KIDS #1 in preparing children for school, developing the skills kids need to succeed, and modeling positive behavior (Maru/Matchbox 2016)
- Learn all kinds of fun facts about what bats like to eat, where they live, how they sleep, and more
- Sturdy, thick board book pages and durable flaps designed to withstand traditional wear and tear for curious little hands and fingers
- Surprise and delight babies and toddlers with bright illustrations, photography, and fun bat facts under each flap
- From this bat book for children to stories about airports, to professions like firefighters and veterinarians, Cottage Door Press provides a comprehensive series of PBS KIDS books, giving children the opportunity to explore new ideas and the world around them