We are taking all the state and CDC guidelines seriously to ensure a safe environment for our customers in the store. Pro Tip: First thing in the morning or late afternoon are our quietest times of day. Mask up and come on down! We will expand our daily hours right after Thanksgiving.
Want to shop from home? No problem! Browse books here, and have books shipped directly to your loved ones, to yourself, pickup in-store or arrange for contactless outside pick-up. Here are some hot tips for using our website:
- For quickest service, order books that say “On Our Shelves Now.” If you need something even sooner, coming into the store is fastest.
- Use the Comments field - we read them!
- When you place an online order you will get an automated reply saying your “order is complete,” meaning your order is placed. Your order is ready for pick-up ONLY after you receive an email or phone call that your order is “Ready For Pick-Up.” Orders need to be processed by a staff member during business hours so will not be ready for pick-up as soon as they are placed even if they show as in-stock.
- We will call you when your entire order is ready for pick-up. If you’d like to be contacted as each book comes in, note it in the Comments field.
- In-store discounts do not apply to website purchases. To get Senior Discounts, Bestseller Discounts, & Staff Pick discounts for website orders, choose Pay at Store as your payment method. Discounts will be applied at checkout. This is valid for in-store pick-up only.
About Shipping: our online shopping offers a variety of shipping and pick-up options:
- Back Door Pick-up: a low-contact way to shop! Your package will be put outside by our back door the day we notify you that it is ready for pick-up.
- In Store Pick-up: a quick way to shop! Order online, pick-up at the front counter for quick shopping. Choose “Pay In Store” as your payment method when ordering to get in-store discounts.
- USPS Mail: we ship anywhere in the continental United States. Media Mail (uninsured) is free for orders over $35. Priority Mail calculations will show when you order. Keep in mind that the Post Office is experiencing slow-downs; we suggest choosing Priority Mail if you’re in a hurry or going across the country. Media Mail will not be available in December as it becomes less reliable then.
Delivery in Montpelier: if you need delivery, give us a call (229-0774) to arrange a drop-off within Montpelier.