We've got a lot happening August 1st - combining the book launch for Museum of the Americas, Montpelier's downtown Art Walk, and the very first ever Pop Up Museum of Montpelier.
What is the book? It's a collection of short stories from local author Gary Lee Miller. Gary tells tales of a roadside museum with a link to the supernatural, a pitching phenom turned minor league mascot, an elderly magician, a grown-up high school bully obsessed with her former classmate’s glass eye. On sale now in the store.
What is the Pop Up Museum? Here's how it works:
- If you have an interesting object, any "artifact" that tells a story, bring it in to become a museum exhibit! We've got collectible toothbrushes, antique typewriters, a pre-snowboard "jumper", an alligator with a crocheted tail. . .
- You can drop off objects at the store any time on August 1st, we'll have an exhibit card available to fill out with information.
- Come to the store between 4:00 - 7:00 to see the exhibits and also for a Museum of the Americas book signing with Gary.
- At 7:00 pm Gary will read from his book upstairs in the Children's Room. There will be cake.
- At 8:00 pm the Museum closes forever. Pick up you objects any time before the store closes at 9:00 pm, any remaining objects will be held at the counter for their owners to collect at their convenience.
What is the Montpelier Art Walk? A tour of art exhibits throughout downtown Montpelier. Find out more on their Facebook page
Read more about Museum of the Americas at Gary's website & blog: www.garyleemiller.com